Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Less than impressed

It was bound to happen, eventually, I guess. A wine that made the wrong list, in my mind.

I came home, no real plans other than basketball and a glass of wine. I reached into the wine rack and pulled out "Gold Rush Red".

I know little more about the wine than what the label offers (which isn't much), and, honestly bought it because of it's label. Odd though it seems -- although prophetic in retrospect -- I wasn't impressed with the label. Simple in design. Very basic. Almost cartoonish. "But, hey," I thought, "why not give it a try. A bad label doesn't make for a bad wine."

Or does it.

As my wife said, "It tastes cheap." Mild oak flavor, but no real "umphh". If you're looking to impress and don't know much about wine, may I suggest giving labels the attention they deserve. If it doesn't work out, at least you've got a nice bottle to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, comments or questions.